Product Lifecycle Management Compact Course
Product Lifecycle Management Compact Course
Digital Engineering relies on creating, integrating and processing of all relevant development information in a network, thereby enabling new business based on this digital information. An essential enabler is integrated product lifecycle management (PLM) that is based on a 360-degree view of products, processes, organization and IT.
Experience how future-oriented consistency is established systematically across all relevant business processes.
Product lifecycle management is a comprehensive concept for designing products effectively and efficiently, across their entire life cycle. PLM is based on product information that is generated during product creation, both inside and outside a company. With PLM, processes, methods and tools provide an environment to make product information available at the right place at the right time, with the best quality and in the right order to avoid waste.
In order to make companies fit for this, UNITY has developed various training courses together with the Fraunhofer IEM for different target groups. These are characterized by a high-level of relevance and an experience-oriented learning approach. Many aspects create the framework for our top-class PLM training courses including well-founded theoretical knowledge of our trainers, knowledge of current trends and example applications, and the practical application of methods and IT tools.
Your Introduction to Digital Engineering
This is a course for employees of all companies that develop and produce complex technical products. Find out how PLM can help you coordinate your business processes better, use your product data effectively and thus make your product successful sustainably!
Why is future-oriented Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) relevant for you?
During the entire life cycle of a product, vast amounts of data are created. The challenge is to capture the data completely, systematically establish consistency across the relevant business processes and make it available to all employees centrally so that they can find and effectively use the relevant information.
With the right PLM concept, you are able to:
- Design products more efficiently and precisely
- Shorten processing times and reduce costs
- Avoid errors and defects in individual processes
- Improve product quality
- Bring your product to market earlier
- Tap into digital business
- Avoid misunderstandings in communication
- Solve problems efficiently during the product life cycle
- Take full advantage of plant productivity
- Reduce compliance risks
- Create fast and lean analyses and evaluations
This short course on PLM provides you with answers to your questions:
- Why PLM?
- How is a product described from a PLM perspective?
- Which PLM processes are run through in the product life cycle?
- How is the product life cycle SUPPORTED by IT technology?
- Which IT solutions are needed for this?
- How is PLM established in the organization?
- With the PLM Short Course you will learn to understand the changing needs of digital business and how to connect to PLM solutions.
- You will gain clarity and no longer have to find your way in the technology jungle, deal with useless recommendations or confusing programs.
- You will receive a solid foundation in the basic concepts of Product Lifecycle Management.
- You will receive the basics to prepare you for working productively in PLM projects.
- You are part of a real product development project. You will learn the essential process steps and core applications and put them into practice step-by-step.
- Our experts have more than 20 years of project expertise in the context of PLM and managing the development of complex systems. They bring their passion for this topic to this training course as well as project experience and current application examples from industry, and they provide you with qualified answers to your individual questions.
- You will also benefit from our independent trainers. You will receive neutral, unbiased information regarding promising trends, tools and programs for your needs.
In this three-day training course, you will gain relevant knowledge and practical skills for working on PLM projects. Your trainers from Fraunhofer IEM and UNITY will show you how to create future-proof consistency systematically across the relevant business processes in order to use product data effectively and therefore make your product successful sustainably. In 6 valuable modules you will learn about the most important PLM processes and core applications step-by-step. In parallel, you will apply the knowledge you have gained directly in a real product development project with the other course participants. This will provide you with the basics for managing complex systems and create the prerequisites for digital engineering.
Module 1 | Introduction
Module 2 | Digital Product Model
Module 3 | PLM Processes
Module 4 | PLM Architectures
Module 5 | Systems and Tools
Module 6 | Practical Implementation
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Steffen
Partner, Head of R&D & Systems Engineering
Dr.-Ing. Jens Standke
Principal, Head of PLM & Digital Twin
Head of Human Resources